Thursday, June 12, 2008

i suck, here is a new post

Again, I haven't blogged in awhile. I suck. We moved poker to Wednesdays. Beginning a few weeks ago. I haven't been doing all that well, but last night i chopped first place with Cutter. Here is the lowdown. 12 players x 10 + 2 re buys x 10 = 140
3rd – Heather – 20
1st – Chop Me and Cutter – 60 each
I sucked out quite a bit. So i can't say i really did anything different. I really am not concentrating lately. I can usually figure out the reasons and the hands i misplayed to lose, but lately i am a chatterbox and am not paying the least bit of attention to my position or who i am in the hand against. I guess it is turning a bit more to the social side than poker side and that is ok, but damn it i want to play to get better. In addition the new poker night has thrown my weekly schedule off. I usually do laundry on wednesday and it seem thursday is always busy. So it accumulates til the weekend. Juju is on summer break and hopefully can pick up my slack.
Not a lot on the house front. It seems all they have done in the past month is put up the siding and roof. On a positive note the outside is buttoned up. The house inspector is making me put the deck on the back now. (i was going to do it myself after we moved in). I paid the extra money for the contractor to do it....so it gets done. Insulation is supposed to happen this week, but i haven't seen any yet. Then insulation inspection and then drywall. We are having a bit of trouble with the kitchen. Lowes gave us a layout and price. We shopped it around and are having trouble getting people to call us back. We got a cheaper price from a local kitchen place, but after our second meeting they haven't shown up to the house to take measurements.WTF
Well, a week from today Cooter will be officially ours. his adoption hearing is next Thursday. I took the day off. We are working the food at the annual Crohns and Colitus walk thurs. night so we will have a cake to celebrate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's good to read about what's going on w you..b/c we cant talk at work! the kid has been in underwear all week! it sure is fun to clean up the mess! when will he get it?! the class i'm taking is super easy. it's almost a waste of gas driving there! next week the kid will be staying with my aunt..i'll be able to spring (or summer) clean! congrats on the adoption. email me sometime.