Friday, December 5, 2008

Verizon is all Katty-whomp-ass

So when we moved to the new house we cancelled our old land line and transferred the data line to the new house ... or so we thought. the brainiac customer service rep. cancelled our internets also and closed our email account. Simple enough, the message when I try to log in says something like "you have cancelled your Verizon account. If you want it reinstated you have 60 days or all will be lost...blah, blah, blah, call this number". Juju calls the number. it connects to ... the Philippines. She can't understand the kid. Gives the phone to me. I explain the situation... He has me get on the computer and I load some software so he can see and manipulate my PC. No problem, but it seems we have to create a new account and transfer all the old emails to the new account then erase the old account and then rename the new account the old accounts name and so on and so on and so on. I was on the phone for about 1 1/2 hours with this kid named Giovanni...from the Philippines. Doesn't it seem if you can press a button to close an account, you should be able to press a button to re-open it? I had some nice conversation with Giovanni as things were loading and we were waiting for things to take effect. after all that, i have to wait 48 hours for everything to switch. CRAP!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Could be worse.You could have signed up for verizon when it was 6 mo.free told you could'nt get it.Signed back up in a month and get it.Oh ,no longer 6 mo. free.Oh 20 bucks to install.Try 6 people you can't understand and 4 hrs on phone.Verizon,next bail out.I'm calling it now Keith

Barb said...

Mike, this is really me, Barb making the comment this time.:)I KNOW!!Isn't it freakin' frustrating dealing with those people!!Ughh!!!What can be done about it though? It just doesn't fly with me!Sorry that you are having such difficulty.Once my brother asked for an english speaking person and was connected.