Friday, April 4, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Nothing new on the house today. It rained.........all day. crap. i got a wet, wet house.

Juju threw her back out this morning bending over to pick up the newspaper off the front porch.
I has been bothering her for a few weeks, but that was the straw the broke the camel's back... pun intended. she called off work. Poor Juju, she was miserable all day. she has muscle relaxers and pain pills and steroids. She better not get all looped up and try to bench press me. lol. On second thought.........

i took cooter to the babysitter and got bagels at Wegmans for the work crew. We all take turns bringing breakfast items on Friday. We also have an unwritten rule that if you leave during the day or come in late, you bring food back. there are only four of us in the office and a Burger King next door. It usually gets covered. Wednesday is usually Chinese day. A fantastic guy (I.T.Tom) picks it up for the whole place. all the offices and/or shop guys are included. I usually eat half and save the rest for Thurs. or Fri. 6 bucks for 2 lunches. Screw you BK, although a side salad, 4 piece chicken nugget and small fries ($3.18) are a good deal also. Mix'em all together and you got yourself a Chicken Salad with Fries. Want it spicy. get the spicy chicken sandwich and toss the bun, (or eat it, a mayo and lettuce sandwich is sometimes nice.) cut up the pattie and you got Spicy Chicken Salad. I know, i know.....the crap i think up from the dollar menu even amazes me! As sophisticated as my BK mind works, I usually brown bag it, as I love leftovers and can whip a nice lunch up in a few minutes before i run out the door with cooter.

I think we will take it easy tomorrow. i am not sure of the weather, but if it is nice I may start my yard work. I usually keep a pretty nice yard, but with the baby last year we got way behind. I may have to tie-off cooter a tree or something to get myself out there this year. I won't push it though. I am uaually the one with the bad back and we don't need 2 of us down for the count.

We were supposed to go out to dinner with Julie's brothers and their families tonight , but i took juju to the chiropractor instead and cooter to juju's sister's place. when we were done we went back to get him and mooched dinner from babysitters.... they had leftovers. Cooter got tired around 8:30. Started pushing buttons on the stereo, dishwasher, remote, etc. and crying every time i told him no and gave him a tap on the back of the hand. He just kept doing it, and doing it, and doing it. He must like pain! we got home it took him all of 2 minutes to fall asleep after his buba. he still keeps saying "uppa" for "papa" every time i get his coat. it is soooooo cute.

my brake light came on in my truck, but i think the emergency brake is just getting some slack in it. i can pull it forward and the light goes out, but hell if i know how to tighten a brake cable. i am amazed i figured out as much as i did. Dollar menu....i got it covered, cars....not so much. lol

No comments: