Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Long Time Coming

I haven't posted much personal stuff lately, but today I have some good news. We got the permit to move into our new house. I am full of excitement, fear and loathing. Excited we are moving into a practically new house. (at one point during the demolition there was a floor and four outside walls...that's it... LINK (about halfway down the page) Fear I won't sell the old house for what i want or in a timely fashion and loathing because the second floor is unfinished and will be left up to me. We bought the house in foreclosure and got it at such a great deal we put on an addition and second floor. It was the neighborhood we wanted and now it is the house we have always wanted too... a win, win.
We had a bit of a scare and failed our occupancy permit last week because the inspector said the second floor had to be finished. Seeing that we are out of money and won't have any until we sell the first house, it got a bit hairy. My contractor smoothed everything out with the home inspector today and we got the permit.
I have the downstairs bedrooms, baths and laundry to paint, but it is ready for occupancy. When all done it will have 5 total bedrooms including a master suite on the first and second floor. 3 1/2 bathrooms, a first floor laundry and a great room / kitchen area that is bigger than the entire house we are living in now. We are now in a 700 sq. foot bungalow and moving to a 2500 sq. foot 2 story. The new house is 3 1/2 times bigger than the old one. You might think to yourself "Boki, why do you need a house that big for just three people". If you thought that, you have never met my wife or seen all the stuff she has. I will need every inch....

No comments: