Monday, September 8, 2008

My CVS Maiden Voyage


Here is how my CVS maiden voyage went. I didn't do as well as i had hoped to. Some of my coupons didn't match the stuff on sale, ie I had an Excedrin migraine coupon and it was the only type of Excedrin not on sale. Crap. I couldn't find my (money making) Revlon nail polish coupon, and of course, they didn't have all the sale items in stock (apparently this making money on CVS isn't as underground as i thought).
I bought:

2 Soft & Dri deodorants on sale @ 2.99 each = $5.98
$1.00 off 2 coupon $5.98 - $1.00 = $4.98
$4.98 - $4.00 in ECBs = $.98 / 2 = $.49 each

1 Lorel Age Perfect Cleansing Towelettes on sale @ =$5.99
$1.00 off coupon $5.99 - $1.00 = $4.99
$4.99 -$5.99 in ECB = -$1.00 (I made a dollar)

1 Bag of Chex Mix on sale @ $1.00
$1.00 off coupon $1.00 - $1.00 = FREE

Plus $.60 in tax.

I spent a total of $10.57
I got a total of - $ 9.99 in ECBs (store credit)
$ .58 (basically the tax) for 4 items that normally cost $17.56 at regular price (not bad) If you don't count the taxes ($.60), technically they paid me $.02 to take those 4 items off their hands. (technically I still have to use the ECBs next trip, but that is money I can buy anything with in the store....and the $9.99 bill is on CVS!) SWEET!!!
CRAP. I just thought of something. If I would have rung up the Towelettes first separately, I would have had my $5.99 (in ECBs) to pay for the deodorant $5.98. CRAP. It would have been $6.57 (and $4.00 in ECBs) out of pocket instead of $10.57 (and $9.99 in ECBs). oh well. I have $9.99 to start out with next week. I will have to try to go on Sunday mornings if I want to get all the stuff that is on sale. Maybe I will stop in later in the week to see if they restock the things they were out of. Some people on the Money Saving Mom Website actually figure out what to buy first, second, third etc. in seperate transactions so they can go with 5 bucks and buy the store out. It has gotten so easy for them they have to make it challenge to use as little or no actual cash to get the sale/ECB/Coupon items and still make money for the next week.
P.S. Most of the coupons you can print out via links are printable more than once. (Check the website link above) Just hit the back button and another prints. It will tell you when you reach your limit. I printed out a second Chex Mix coupon, Sweet ! MORE FREE CHEX MIX !

No comments: