Thursday, November 6, 2008

In Like Flint

We moved into the new house yesterday. By no means is ALL our stuff moved, but enough to spend the night and come to work today. The Goat is selling her box truck today so we just got the big stuff, our clothes and kitchen utensils. That box truck was sure a great luxury to have for the past couple of years. I am sad to see it go, but the goat doesn't use it as much as she thought she would for the catering business, so it makes sense to sell it to someone who can use it.
I don't think we will move anything else in the cars tonight. Just put clothes in the dressers and organize the hanging clothes, decide which drawer the kitchen stuff will go into etc. My back and knees are in bad shape, but nothing 2000 mg of ibuprofen won't fix.
Cooter and the Foo adjusted much better than I anticipated. Coots is enjoying speeding around the open floor plan and fell asleep very quickly. We decided to put his crib next to the light switch as that was the layout in the old house and he enjoys having control of the switch. I think it made the move a little less traumatic that there was a common thread in both bedrooms. As for the Foo, he seemed unfazed. He ate some food as soon as he got there (after sniffing around each room) and was not jumpy at all. Juju brought over his fleece blanket that he likes to sleep on and he chilled on that most of the night until he decided he was hungry and tried to wake me up at 5 am. by the way, when he did wake me I noticed Cooter's light was on. He must have woke up and flipped the light on and went back to sleep in the middle of the night.
I sure was weird waking up in a new bedroom (especially when the new bedroom is 3 times bigger than the old one). It is a master suite with it's own bathroom and walk-in closet. I felt like i was in a hotel room. The bed is in the middle of the room with our dressers and "dressing area to the left and computer and "sitting area" to the right. The only thing that will take some getting used to is with all the laminate and tile floors all the sounds carry. I had the police scanner on last night on my night stand (as i do every night) and it seemed I couldn't get it to a good volume. I kept turning it down and down, but it was still waking me up every time i heard a call. CRAP!

No comments: