Friday, November 14, 2008

Our First Cootastrophy

One week in the new house...one week and our first Cootastrophy.
I get home from work and Juju yells, "is that you honey"?
Yea.
"You need to go in the basement and turn off the water to the 1/2 bath toilet...quickly".
As I turn the corner into the hall, I see a 1/4" of water on the hardwood laminate. I open the bathroom door and see my wife on the floor, soaking wet, sitting in a pool of water, trying to shove the toilet supply shut-off back into the PEX pipe. I sprint to the basement and find the shutoff to the toilet. The unpainted drywall walls are soaked, and in the basement there is a 6 ft x 6 ft wet spot under the bathroom. That is a lot of water...cold water that Juju was laying in trying fix the pipe.
I seems as she was going to the bathroom, Cooter came in, bent down next to the toilet, and just pulled the shut-off right out of the PEX line. It was like a geyser shooting from the floor! Trying to stop the water while laying on the cold and wet floor for 20 minutes was all she could do until I got home. I am afraid that our laminate tile floor in the 1/2 bath and wood laminate floor in the hall are going to be ruined. After living there for a whole week. CRAP!
Then I was trying to get our clothes dryer gas line hooked-up and I needed a pipe reducer. Went to Lowes and, of course, got the wrong one. CRAP, CRAP!
Then decided to put together our new little corner desk for our computer and had to take it apart as many times as i put it together because of putting things together backwards or upside down. CRAP, CRAP, CRAP.
It was not a good one week anniversary.
Saturday morning, Juju and I are judging a high school academic competition taking place at a local college. Aunt Alyice is gonna watch Coots in the AM and then at dinner time we are going to Coots first real birthday party at a local sports park.
He was crazy bad on thursday. They celebrated a couple kids birthdays at daycare. All the balloons and cake and decorations got him all revved-up and he was crazy hyper all day.

No comments: