Sunday, July 6, 2008

A cruise, 2 picnics, a birthday, a wedding, a reception, a reunion and 2 engagements

Yep, that was my holiday weekend. It started Thursday night. Juju and i want on the dinner cruise in pre-celebration of my boss's wedding. What a beautiful night.My boss and my work wife enjoying the dinner cruise. The paddles on the dinner cruise boat. The tower on the dock. they sold tickets to watch the fireworks from the top this year!Heading back to the car. One of the many marinas on the lake.

Friday was the 4th of July Parade in the morning. I stayed at our new house and cleaned up the construction debris while Juju, cooter, the goat, Sissy, JJ and Sissy's friend and her kids went to the parade. (we are a few blocks from the route so it is a good meeting spot) Next year we will have a full blown party before and after the parade. We also had a 4th of July picnic at my uncle Bill's house and a birthday party for my nephew g-money. here are a few pics from that day. Cooter during a break in the action.Cooter and JJ. Cooter still doesn't share well.
Juju and Cooter . Aunt AJ and Rusty are in the background
Me and Cooter catching his first fish in Uncle Bill's Pond. or as Cooter says Sheeeez.

Saturday was my boss's wedding and reception and Juju's 20 year class reunion. It was a crazy day. we go to the church @ 1:01...late by 1 minute and the bride was heading in.....Crap! After the wedding we picked up the beer and head to the reception. we ate, socialized a bit, and then headed to Juju's reunion. I had a headache as i wore my contacts for the first time i like 4 years. What possessed me i do not know. the contacts lasted for about 6 hours. i took them out at the reunion and got an instant headache. a bunch of aspirin did the trick and I lasted the night. stopped at the goat's on the way home and she was having a party for a 30 year class reunion from the same school as Juju's. we had a bite to eat and headed home. Cooter spent the night with Uppa and Gramma. It was his first night away from both of us....we held up pretty well. We slept in and then we had family class reunion picninc at a local park. i picked up cooter from U&G house and headed to the picnic as Juju was already there setting up. We came home in the afternoon and napped... that is probably why i am still typing at 12:30 am. well, better get to bed. gotta work tomorrow.

Willy and Lori doing the I-dos.

Oh snap, I almost forgot the 2 engagements. I found out at the wedding that one of my co-workers got engaged on the 4th. congrats Robin. and one of my good friends Steve, got engaged also. (I found out from my mom...how humilating. lol) He lives in the Virgina D.C. area, congrats. to you too steve. I will catch up with you soon.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

awesome! i didn't know you blogged!!