Thursday, July 3, 2008

Poker, Cooter and the Po Po

Here is how poker went down this week.
11 guys and 3 rebuys (including me) = 140 bucks
3rd place – 20 bucks – me
1st place chop – 60 each – Calypso Jim and Lex.
I stayed at my steady 500 until about 6 guys. I won a few big pots and was the chip leader for awhile. Lost a big pot to Hanging Chad and then most my stack to Calypso AJ vs me QQ. An A comes on the flop and i lost 1200 as i called jim's all in. I was left with about 300. i doubled up a few times and waited for Chad to drop, as he had about 150. the blinds were like 80/160 at that point so Chad had one move and thankfully he missed. I think Jim busted him. Lex was real quiet and patient. He was only playing premium hands. At one point he had not played any hands in 3 or 4 rounds. his blinds were raised enough that he folded. All of a sudden he comes in with a raise and Chad says, “Lex, welcome to the game, when did you get here?”. Chadly has some good ones.
Cutter was on fire at the beginning of the game he took “Mitch the Bitch” out the first hand with 10 10. Mitch had Q Q. the flop was 6 8 6, the turn was a K and the river was a 10 Cutter caught the boat and Mitch was steaming as he misplayed the hand very badly by not re-raising Cutter. Anyway, we had an all-in the first and second hand as Texty Steve went all in and Cutter called. Steve had AJ and Cutter had AA. No help came and Cutter had 1500 chips after 2 hands! I got busted on a suck-out. i flopped 2 top pair and Jim went all in and he didn't have anything. Jim caught runner, runner heart to make his flush and i am on the rails. (but with my 20 bucks back.)
Juju and Cooter went to the beach for a Monday night concert with the Goat, Sissy and JJ. I guess he “worked the crowd” as she put it. Mooching food and drink from every stranger he saw. The goat said he would get in the middle of a crowd of people and start dancing. The crowd would start clapping and he would eat it up......he's 1 ½..... CRAP! My kids is an exhibitionist...but a good one. Lol. If you are gonna be and exhibitionist at least be good at it.
Last night the police scanner woke me up out of a dead sleep. I woke up to, “Don't shoot, don't shoot”. Talk about a rude awakening. Apparently there was a double shooting on the east side and the cop had his mic open and gun draw as he came up to the victims car. I think one is dead and one is in critical. I was up for about an hour listening... calling the ambulances, securing the crime scenes, (there were 2. one were the shooting took place and one where the car ended up.) the cops kept telling the ambulances to hurry. when they got them to the hospital, i listened to the security channel and ER calls there. I have always wanted to broadcast my police scanner over the internet. Maybe someday i will have the time to set it up. I like listening to big city police scanners on the internet. Chicago is crazy. I think i will put a link to the site with the list of internet police scanners.

No comments: