Thursday, July 31, 2008

Poker and the new house

here is how poker went down. I am not sure of the payout as i left early. There were 12 players and , i think, 3 rebuys.
3rd - Captain Dave
2nd - Hanging Chad
1st - The Mullet
Hatches came in fourth on the bubble, but she took out 2 players on the first hand of the night. She had JJ, Oz had KK and Captain Dave had A9 suited. One J came on the flop and no help the rest of the way and Hatches had 1500 chips just like that. Oz and Dave quickly re-bought in.
I made it to the final table and picked the Ace to deal first. there were 2 limpers and I had K 10. I was deciding to go all in as i didn't think the 2 limpers were a threat and the big and small blinds were the only plaers left to act. as i was thinking, River Farbo (small blind to my left) says raise. I stopped him before he said an amount and told him I hadn't acted yet. I got a bit miffed that he bet out of turn and with my whooping 340 I went all in. River is famous for raising in the small blind to try to steal pots..... He calls with 55 and the limpers fold. A queen and nine came on the flop, but i caught nothing else and was out. I was probably a good a chance as any to go all-in, although I had 7 more hands until i was a blind. I was kinda pissed about the whole thing and decided to just go home.
Today I had to cut foam in the afternoon to get some signs going. It is stinking HOT in the shop. not that it is any hotter than outside. It is just hot everywhere.
My folks watched Cooter today. He was a bit crabby all day. I am not sure why. We are going to try to get him to bed earlier. I only watched Winnie the Pooh once today. FANTASTIC !!
Juju was supposed to go to Penn State to teach a class at a library conference, but has a nasty kidney infection that was diagnosed on Tuesday at the hospital. She is doing fine, but is on pain pills and antibiotics. Juju picked up Cooter, but when I called after work she hadn't left my folks house yet. since it on the way home i stopped. We thought the grout was going to go in today so we all drove to the new house (no grout) and then to dinner at the Pittsburgh Inn. It is close to the new house and is a good meal at a good price. Uppa and Gamma paid, yippee! The watched Cooter all day for free and paid for dinner. It doesn't get any better than that. lol. Thanks Uppa and Gama. P.S. Cooter picks up the phone and says, "hi Alyice" now as well as, "hi uppa". Dang he is cute!

No comments: