Thursday, July 17, 2008

Poker and Infusion Wednesday

Poker was tonight and this is how it played out.
10 players. No re-buys = $100
2nd place – Lex - $20
1st place – Me $80
It was an odd night for my play. Usually i am pretty steady hovering around 500 chips. Then at some point i will make a move and either bust or get the chip lead. This happens usually about halfway through the field. I don't think it is a conscious thing. It's just that when half the players are out you should have double what you started with to stay above water...and usually i don't. So whether i get a few decent hands and “push a bit” or try to bluff a pot or two, i make my stand and let the chips fall where they may. Tonight a hit a butt-load of straights. I must have won 7 hands with straights. Mostly with two face cards. I definitely got better cards later in the night, but when i got the lead i bought quite a few pots with nothing. I lost a huge pot, about 2000 chips, to Oz when he got runner-runner heart to get the flush. (we both flopped 2 pair, i can't remember the community pair) he went all in with pocket 6's and one heart... i had 10's....and no hearts...crap. Honest me, no one saw the flush and as Oz was leaving the table i said “hey, you won with a flush”. At least i can say it was an honest win. that hand crippled me, but i got 2 great hands after that got a triple-up and double-up and was back in the hunt. I think i had about 200. the triple-up gave me 600 and the double-up gave me 1200. I just kept winning hands after that.
I don't like playing the first hand of the tournament and toss almost anything as the chances of winning the first AND last hand of a tournament are slim. I tell the person who wins the first pot of the night, "you win the first one and i'll win the last...."
Juju got her infusion of Remicade today and is feeling and moving much better. The goat picked up Cooter around 4:30 at day-care as the infusion takes three hours and started at two. Got to the goats after work and juju showed up soon afterward with New York Lunch (greek burgers and fries and gyros). As we missed the local Greekfest this year due to our Juju's arthritis acting up, she got a substitute. It was tasty!

Turnbuckle had to go over to the new house and fix some ductwork that the inspector didn't like. TB said he has done tons of new construction jobs and never had to seal every joint like the inspector wanted. they had to cut some walls and ceiling drywall away where the ductwork ran, but hopefully everything is fine now and we can proceed. not much new to say about the house. the progress is pretty stagnant lately, other than drywall and mudding and a new lawn nothing much has changed. I realize i haven't posted any pics lately, so i will soon.

No comments: