Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Am A Killer

I killed something today...and i am glad it happened.

I am not a violent person, not in the least. But today i went over the edge. You see, today is the day I killed a spider... Not just any spider...the bane of my existence for many, many months. You see, every morning as I open my truck door to go to work there is a very large spider web from my side rear view mirror to window....EVERY MORNING! And every morning I knock the web off with no sign of any spider in site. I have to guess he lives behind the mirror. He is a smart little s.o.b.. Smart in the fact that he hides from me, but not in the fact that he has to re-weave his web every night. This morning i knocked off the web as usual and headed to work. I pulled into the parking lot and as i was closing the door, I happened to look down... and there he was. Repelling himself off the bottom of the door onto the ground. I didn't even hesitate. I may have even spouted a few expletives as a stomped multiple times to make sure the thing was dead. He was very colorful and big, maybe even poisonous, at least that is what i tell myself. I was protecting my son from future, possibly, maybe being bit by that horrible, venomous, deadly spider. I am a hero. Yea that's it. A hero.

That's why i blog. I just went from a killer to a hero in the space of one paragraph. I saved your life Cooter. You can thank me when you get old enough to read this. Love, Dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may not be a violent person...a little nuts, but not violent.