Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Poker. Poker, Poker

I have 2 weeks of poker to catch up on so here it goes.
August 13. Not sure of the payouts, (as i left early) but here is how they finished
4th Place - Captain Dave
3rd Place - Salvador Dolly
2nd Place - River Farbo
1st Place - Texty Steve

August 20th game went down like this.
15 players + 1 rebuy = 160 pot
3rd Place - Turnbuckle -20
2nd Place - Captain Dave - 50
1st Place - Kitsy - 90
I had a huge lead when the tables combined and honestly I really don't know what happened. I probably had 5 times what the next closest player in chips had and I won a huge pot the hand before we combined tables. The blinds were only like 15/30 then. everyone limps with 30. Flop comes. I flopped a K high flush and had 2 betters in front of me. Texty checks, Chad bets 60, I bet 160, Texty Steve goes all-in for 400. Chad calls and I go all in with like 1000 more. Chad folds and my Flush wins and i am 1510 chips richer. My cards really dried up after that and I lost a few big hands. I had decided not to bully and just play premium hands and let everyone else knock each other out. It didn't work out that way. I seemed before we combined i was winning with top pair and a good kicker, but I was chasing people out of pots. Once we were down to one table, I would hit top pair and someone would hit a straight or flush and slow roll me. Crap. I did a pretty good job of isolating players when i did have a decent hand. As I have said before I like to divide and conquer. I will enter a pot with nine players, but if I hit the flop I'm gonna bet enough to only get one or two callers (preferably none). Mostly I think I lost focus Captain Dave was to my left and Kitsy was to his left. Kitsy talks and talks and talks. I listen to his stories and forget where I am in the betting and toss my blind and and it gets raised. I fold without seeing the flop and the blinds get up there. You are talking 200 to call the big. I did catch Dave changing gears and told him i noticed it. He said he was flattered and i told him he shouldn't be... those aren't things other players are supposed to notice. lol.
We had some new faces this week and some old faces came back. Mark, his wife Sandy and a kid named Sal were the new people. Mark's first time was a few weeks ago. I guess he liked it enough to bring the old lady. That's cool. Kitsy brought Sal. He wasn't that good, and that was awesome because he was sitting to my right. He went out first just after the first bell. He went all-in and I called him with AA. Sorry about that Sal. Coach and "4-time John" were regulars I hadn't seen in a while. John was the only person at my table and Coach and Sandy were out before the tables combined, so I didn't get to talk to of them. John and I were in a lot of hands together so I didn't get to yap with him either. Mark sat to my right at the final table. He seems like a nice guy, but I really didn't get to talk to him as Kitsy monopolized the conversations.
Hatches and Heather were there also. I think 3 women playing is a record for our game. I hope the guys don't mind them playing. My feeling is that their money is just as green as the boys, so bring'em on. lol.
A little drama with the house today. nothing too catastrophic, I was going to blog about it, but it is 11:50 and I better get to bed.

No comments: