Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Sign From Jesus

Today I got a sign from Jesus... a real sign. Here is how the story goes. I was going to mow the very neglected lawn. I get the mower out and fill the tank with gas, pull the cord and away we go... NOT! I got about 10 feet and it died. Crap. Pull, pull, pull, pull and nothing. Cappity crap! Go over to the goat's to borrow her mower. Fill the tank with gas, pull the cord and away we go... NOT! I got once around the yard and it died. Crap. Pull, pull, pull, pull and nothing. Cappity, crappity, crap! I am getting a little pissed. I head over to my neighbor Dolly's house. I explain the situation to Dolly and ask to borrow her push mover (she has a rider also). She explains she hasn't used it in a few years,(she really doesn't much trimming to do) but I am welcome to try it. Fill the tank with gas, pull the cord and away we go... NOT! It won't start. Crap. Pull, pull, pull, pull and nothing. Cappity, crappity, crappity crap! Time to clean some spark plugs... I clean the spark plugs in mine and the Goat's mowers. Dump the gas out of my tank as I think the gas may be the problem and use some of Dolly's gas. Mine still won't start, but the Goat's mower fires right up... sweet. I take Dolly's gas back to her as I don't think it is the gas anymore, because my "bad gas" is in the Goat's mower. After mowing the front yard I head to the back and as i am trimming around some planting beds, the pusher arm slips off on the right side... It seems to be busted. It happened earlier, but I just thought it was loose and re-attached the arm and tightened the wing nut real tight. Well, now it is slipping off just about every turn. Back into the house for some duct tape. Can you guess the only kind of tape I can't find in the house? You guessed it...DUCT! CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP!! I get some packing tape and tape the crap out of the thing. Surprisingly it works pretty well! I get about half the backyard cut and the Goat's mower quits.... Pull, pull, pull, pull and nothing. Cappity, crappity, crappity, crap! I am pissed beyond words. Then it comes to me. Jesus doesn't want me to mow the lawn. He gave me three signs... er broken mowers...and I ignored them all. Thank you Jesus. I see the light now, or lack of it as it is now dark and even if i wanted to go try again, I can't. I will try again before poker tomorrow if the rain holds off. I think we are supposed to start getting the remnants of the hurricane. tomorrow. CRAP!
Cooter didn't want to go to bed tonight. We put him down at about 8 and i think he cried for an hour. He threw all the stuff out his bed at least few times. He has a bit of a temper... he is also 20 months old. I am trying to get him to understand the if/then statement. If you don't go to bed I am gonna beat your ass...ah....then...well, you get the idea. It is 9:30 now and I don't hear him anymore. whew. Juju is in bed as she is not feeling well. I think we all have some kind of cold. I woke up with a headache on Sunday. I felt like I had been drinking all night. Yesterday I had a lot of sinus pressure, but feel better today. Juju is hot and cold and coughing up the nasties. Cooter has a cough. We are one healthy family. lol.
I can't remember if I wrote this down yet, but Cooter is a genius. He can count to like 16 and can recognize about a half dozen letters of the alphabet. Now I am sure he doesn't know what 16 of something is or how to spell a word, but he is 20 months old! I don't know if that is normal for his age, but I am amazed. Did I mention he is 20 months old? He knows O, S, E, T & A. T & A, that's my boy.......

No comments: