Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Poker In The Front....and 50 Blog Entries

Here is how poker went down tonight.
17 players + 2 rebuys (by Captain Dave)
4th Place - Spitter McGee aka. River Farbo
3rd Place - Heather
2nd Place - Oz
1st Place - Coach
Tonight I won the frst hand of the night... I hate winning the first hand. I think I hit a straight. I can't remember. But I do remember how I went out. I had exactly 405 in chips. I have KJ of spades. The flop comes K-8-J. The faces are clubs. I check. Texty Steve bets 60. I go all-in out of turn. (coach is still in the hand)... Coach folds. Steve calls. He has 2 spades. The turn is a heart and the river is a spade. CRAP. I was the first person out. There was not much I could do. I had the semi-nuts. The ONLY hand that could possibly be ahead of me was a pocket pair of 8s. I got all my money in with the best hand and I got sucked out on. I went home to help Juju with Cooter. I'm sure we all have a bit of a bug now as my and Juju's arms are both achy and Coots is still coughing.
Another record tonight. Four ladies (I use that term loosely) played in the game tonight. Hatches, Heather, Sandy and Sandy's sister-in-law. If we get any more broads we will have to have a ladies night. lol. I am just joking. I am very happy someone enjoys my game enough to bring friends and relatives (that aren't drunks or assholes).
When we first started playing, probably 3 1/2 or 4 years ago, i was pretty friendly. Lots of checking and lots of chatting. About a 1 1/2 to 2 years ago the game really changed a lot. We got some more serious players. Less checking more raising and less chatting, at least about general topics, most of the talk was of poker. Don't get me wrong it is still a friendly game, but the betting is not. I think we are getting back to more of my kind of a game. We still don't check like a friendly game of "everyone check til someone hits the river", but our conversations are much more lively and varied. River told a story about how he thought someone at McDonald's spit on his hamburger. (no likely) And how he drove back and demanded to talk to the cook and they wouldn't let him and he said if he saw him he was going to spit in his face. It was a funny story and if you know River, you know he probably over reacted and probably would have got himself arrested if he had confronted the guy. He had the whole table stopped listening in disbelief. Those stories are the reason I like to play poker. Well, that and winning money. he, he, he.
P.S. I am 2 hits away from 100. So not only do I have 50 entries I have 100 blog hits, since I have been keeping track. (about a month) CRAZY!! I realize probably about 75 of those hits are Hatches, but it's still 100.
Oh, I realized another scenario for my "building a mystery" entry below. If you haven't read it yet do so now... I'll wait... the 4th scenario is the person is having such a pregnancy scare that they are no longer going to be having "relations" in baby producing orifices, hence the lubrication....it could happen.

No comments: