Monday, August 11, 2008

A Painted Weekend

It was a pretty good weekend. The weather was crappy, but I got a ton of stuff done at the new house. Friday we stopped over to the house before it got dark. As we were leaving a truck stopped in front of our house. I was our contractor's parents and grandmother driving around looking at his projects. Of course we invited them in. They are very nice people and very proud of their son. He does do nice work, but i was supposed to move in on Memorial Day!!!!!!

On Saturday I needed to paint, as the kitchen cabinets are supposed to go in Monday and Juju wanted to get it done before that all happens. Of course, she had to work her high school annual golf outing fund raiser all day. I called Uppa and Gamma and they came through. Uppa helped me paint while Gamma watched Cooter at the house. We painted the whole ceiling of the great room and primed the walls then went home for lunch. After about an hour went back to the house and put the first coat of color on the kitchen walls. The color is called New Penny and it looks awesome. Today I went back in the morning and put a second coat on the kitchen walls all by myself as Juju had to work for the Goat and took Cooter with her. This afternoon was my sister-in-law Candy's brother's diaper party. It was nice, Cooter got to play with his cousin G-Money and a couple other kids and I got to eat and drink beer. Man, it was a crappy day today. It rained all day... and not sprinkles... raining buckets.... I wouldn't be surprised if there is some flooding today. And it is crazy tonight, Juju has a nasty cold and is in bed, the cat is getting high on catnip under the table and the kid is crying and bouncing in his crib and not going to sleep. I am guessing he was given lots of sugar at the party. Crap. Keep your fingers crossed the cabinets go in tomorrow.

No comments: