Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Poker Night and Cooter

Here is how poker went down this week.
15 players and 3 rebuys = 180

4th Place - Snakehead - 10 bucks
3rd Place - Cutter - 20 bucks
2nd Place - Lex - 50 bucks
1st Place - Whitey - 100 bucks
Bubble Boy - Me - 0 bucks

That payout dosn't look right, but it adds up to 180.
I think I played pretty well, but ended up in 5th place on the bubble. Crap.
I don't remember winning a hand with anything more than trips. Got in a big hand with Whitey and lost about 850 chips. I flopped 2 pair, but Whitey flopped a straight. A few weeks ago I was getting straights left and right. this week I limped in with lots of suited and unsuited connectors, but I would get bet out of the hand on the flop. I flopped a gutshot more than once and someone would bet 400 with the blinds at like 20-40. I really needed a check. There weren't alot of calling stations playing today (at least at my table). I have to keep that in mind when playing connectors. I played position pretty well and got quite a few pocket pairs, but not many hit. I did bet Cutter off a big hand with pocket 4s when nothing hit on the flop. In another hand I hit trip 10s and won a nice sized pot.

Cooter was bad again today. He is having temper tantrums. You just have to tell him NO and he starts to cry and fall to the ground. Initally we thought he was just tired, but he is doing it all times of the day. We are just going to ignore him when he spazes out. If he realizes he doesn't get attention when he is a cry baby, hopefully he will stop.

P.S. Please make a comment on how you like the new layout of the blog, either on this post or the one below. if you don't have a blogger account just leave me a comment as anomynous and sign or don't sign your name in the body of the text. type in the anti-spam crazy letters and post.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

sorry. meant to do this the other day and totally forgot.

i like it a lot. my only suggestion would be to make the graphic tile or just make it bigger. when i open your site full in my browser, it doesn't stretch all the way and there is a black box, but the text stretches...it might be the template you're using.

Danielle said...

i might be looking for a 7:30-1:30. something part time and flexible. that probably wouldn't work, huh?

Danielle said...

or...maybe i could freelance some stuff for you guys?

wow. this is a lot of comments. lol. i'll send you a facebook message.

Anonymous said...

I like it. It is fun for me to see what's going on back in PA.

Erin

Anonymous said...

Mike,
I can't tell you enough how much I am enjoying your Blog. I get to see the baby growing, the new house and it makes me feel like I am not so far away. I love all the news you share and would still 'adopt' you (and Juju & Cooter) if your mother would let me. Give my love to Mom, Dad and Alice, you are all always in my thoughts and prayers. Keep up the good work with the Blog, it is GREAT! Love, your cousin in FL.